Zircon Multifunction Wall Scanner
Multifunction Wall Scanner with CenterVision® Technology, Ultra-Bright Display Screen, and Auto Correcting Technology
MultiScanner® i520 OneStep® quickly and easily locates the edges and center of wood and metal studs and joists behind walls, floors, and ceilings. It also locates metal as well as live AC electrical wiring. A 4-mode switch makes it easy to change functions, while the ultra-bright display screen, SpotLite® Pointing System, and audio tone all indicate the location of the target. The signal strength indicator helps to distinguish between shallow and deep targets.
- Stud Scan mode locates the edges and center of wood or metal studs up to 3/4 inch (19 mm) deep
- DeepScan® mode doubles the scanning depth to 1 1/2 inches (38 mm)
- An ultra-bright LCD screen indicates direction, edges and center of studs
- AC Scan finds and traces live, unshielded electrical wiring up to 2 inches deep
- Metal mode detects non-ferrous metal, such as copper pipes, up to 1 1/2 inches (38 mm) deep, and ferrous metal, such as rebar, up to 3 inches (76 mm) deep
- WireWarning® detection indicates the presence of live, unshielded electrical wire up to 2 inches (51 mm) deep in stud and metal scanning modes
- ACT™ (Auto Correcting Technology) automatically corrects common user errors, such as when scanning begins over a stud.
*NOTE – Sensing depth and accuracy can vary due to moisture, content of materials, wall texture, paint, etc.
|Dimensions||7.25" H x 3.2" W x 1.4" D|
|Weight||9.4 oz. (without battery)|
|Battery Type||9-V alkaline (not included)|
|Position Accuracy*||Up to a depth of 5/8" – typically within 1/8"|
Up to a depth of 1-1/2" – typically within 3/16"
In Metal Scan mode – typically within 1/2" (using the Dual Scan and Mark procedure)
|Depth*||Stud Scan Mode – up to 3/4"|
Deep Scan Mode – up to 1-1/2"
Metal Scan mode – up to 1-1/2"(copper), up to 3"(rebar)
|AC Position Accuracy*||Typically 90-250 V at 50-60 Hz within 6" of a hot, unshielded wire in drywall|
|AC Depth*||In typical wall with Romex wiring, wire can be detected up to 2" deep|
|Operating Temperature||40° to 120° F|
|Storage Temperature||14° to 140° F|
|Humidity||80% RH (noncondensing)|
|Water Resistance||Splash and water resistant (not waterproof)|